- This policy covers how Network Canada treats personal information that Network
Canada collects and receives. Personal information is information about you
that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or
phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. We have strict
security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of this information
in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the Data Protection
Information Collection and Use
- Network Canada collects personal information when you register with Network
Canada or subscribe to our monthly email, Beaver Trails.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, address, email
address, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with
Network Canada and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Network Canada uses information for the following general purposes: to customize
the advertising and content you see, fulfil your suggestions for events, improve
our services, contact you, and conduct research.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Network Canada does not rent, sell, or share personal information about
you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products
or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish
or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate,
prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud,
situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person,
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Network Canada account information at any time
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the
Network Canada service, such as service announcements, and administrative
messages without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can delete your Network Canada account by sending an email to email@example.com
with the words "REMOVE" in the subject line
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to Network Canada volunteers
who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information
to provide products or services to you.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with
the Data Protection Act 1998 to protect personal information about you.
- Your Network Canada Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas Network Canada uses industry-standard SSL encryption to
protect data transmissions.
- Secure online payment is provided by World Pay - a division of the Royal
Bank of Scotland. At no time are your credit/debit card details ever collected
or stored on the Network Canada website.
- Network Canada may update this policy. We will notify you about significant
changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the
primary email address specified in your Network Canada account or by placing
a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions